Sunday, May 18, 2014

Good News & Bad News

Good News

Today I discovered my Cruise Control now works, so the replacing of the Airbag Clock Spring was not a waste of time.

Bad News

A week ago I started hearing a faint grinding or metal rubbing noise coming from under the car when I was slowing to a stop. The noise was occurring with the car out of gear and rolling to a stop. I then noticed it was also occurring in gear but was not as loud. Shortly after this I noticed a hum above 65 on the freeway.

Took it to my dads today to work on it. It did fine on the freeway to my dads from Mukilteo to Covington.

Jacked it up and took off the rear wheels. Placed the rear axle on jack stands and chocked the front tires. Had my dad start the car and put it into gear to listen for the noise. In the video you car hear it, and it's not coming from the rear end. It get more noticeable towards the transmission. So we thought it was a drive shaft or a transmission issue.

Since I didn't have a good jack to lift it high enough to look at better. We took it for a road test and the car started shaking and we could feel it in our seats and got worse the faster we went. It also got worse the further we drove the car and made it back to the house.

I parked it and ordered a new drive shaft.




No comments:

Post a Comment