Thursday, May 15, 2014

Airbag Clock Spring Replacement

Took time today to get my Horn, Cruise Control, and Fog lights working. Replaced the Airbag Clock Spring because everything I read on the forums indicated that if your Horn and Cruise Control are not working then it has to be the clock spring. Well, that wasn't the case. The Horn and Fog lights work and will test Cruise Control when the rear end is rebuilt. It was a single missing fuse. Replaced and it works.

Disconnected the Battery and waited a few hours for the airbag to discharge its charge.

Removed the 2 8mm bolts holding the airbag onto the steering wheel.



Then I removed the cruise control plug.


Then I used a T50 Torx bit to remove the steering wheel retaining bolt.


Then used a "OEM" Steering Wheel puller.




Then using a pick, I removed the tumbler.




Then I removed the plastic knee guard which is held on by 2 8mm bolts and 2 metal clips.


Then I removed the steel plate under that which is held on by 2 8mm bolts.


Then I removed the steering column plastic cover which is held on by 5 Phillips screws.



Then I disconnected the 2 connectors that are located on the steering column under the dash.


New Airbag Clock Spring in place. Now to reverse the process.



And the missing Fuse......




No comments:

Post a Comment